Tips for Isla Ometepe
Mar 05, 2015, 7:48 PM
Here comes a few tips for your Ometepe trip:
To get there:
– when you get to Rivas, look for the Microbus to San Jorge. If you take a taxi you shouldn’t pay more than 40-50 cordobas or $2
– in San Jorge you can by tickets in a small hit very close to the pier, just ignore all sales people up to that point
– aim to take the big ferry. The smaller lanchas/boats take longer time and you can easily get seasick.
Arriving at Moyogalpa
– just by the pier the local bus leaves for wherever you want to go
– you can also bargain with taxis or microbuses. Don’t pay more than $5 each
– we headed off to Santa Cruz which is smartly located for excursions. Hospitaje Maria is a good and economic alternative, $5 for a bed in dormitory or $15 for a private. But there are more options. Just by the main crossing, opposite the little supermarket there is a hotel with beautiful views of volcan conception.
– playa Domingo is a good option as well. You have the best beach there and many hostel/hotel options
read the rest here–> Tips for Isla Ometepe – Isla de Ometepe Forum – TripAdvisor.
These are some great tips for travelers to Ometepe Island. Not my writing, but I thought reposting here might help some folks who are planning to spend part of their Nicaraguan vacation on this beautiful island in the middle of Lake Nicaragua. Ometepe is a very special place and if you have the time, you should consider making a journey over to la isla!